My Photo
Name:
Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States

I am happily married to my wife for, lo, these 30 years. I am a Reformed Christian and member of Evangelical Reformed Church in Tacoma. I am also a member of Local 46 of the IBEW. Links:: My Church For inspirational scientific thinking, I recommend taking a look at the writings of George Boole and Claude Shannon. These gentlemen fall into my top twenty favorites with Michael Faraday, Johannes Kepler, Leibniz, Newton, etc. leading the group. Other Heroes of mine: George Washington Carver, David Livingston, William Wilberforce, George Washington, and mathematicians/scientists--Blaise Pascal, Al-Kwarizme, Charles Babbage (with Ada Lovelace), Aryabhata, Pierre de Fermat, Leonhard Euler, Nikola Tesla, Enrico Fermi, Leo Szilard, Edward Teller, etc.

Monday, May 08, 2006

OSI (concerning networking not intelligence)

The Open System Interconnect (OSI) Communication Model

The hardware and software composing one side of a network link may be viewed as a series of layers. The most common model is the open system interconnect (OSI) model, originated in the early 1980s, which comprises seven levels. This model is shown in Figure 5-1 along with the associated TCP/IP layers.

Figure 5-1. The seven-level OSI communication model

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home